Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hope

(Impressions of the Jewish Holocaust)
Locked in a cage... deep inside me is my hope
Infront of me is the war,
Behind me is the war.
The war is all around me.
I cry a cry that will not be heard soon.
Hope
Will come
I hear the sound of angels singing.
Singing a song
that
unlocks
Hope.
Soon I will be with my family.
Soon I won't feel the pain.
Soon I will know the feeling of love once again.
No longer shall I cry.
I concentrate on Hope, family and the pain.
Pain at being lost in the sounds of war.
The sound of death.
Numbers being called...
People being killed.
No longer can I stand
the
Pain.
Let Hope come...
Let Hope come...
I feel as if I am on a boat at sea
Hungry
and fishing for
Hope
Or in a dark corner
Searching for the light of
Hope.
I'm looking for Hope.
That seems no more.
I search the eyes
of
the scared ones.
The ones whose numbers are called...
I maybe next.
I am.
Toni Jensen age 10